Red resources are for young children and those who take care of children who have lost someone to suicide.
Blue resources are especially for parents who have lost a child to suicide.
Green resources are especially for sibling survivors of suicide.
I. BOOKS ABOUT SUICIDE· Baugher, B. & Joran, J. (2001) After Suicide: Coping With Your Grief.
· Bloom, L. (1986) Mourning After Suicide.
· Bolton, I. (1991) My Son, My Son: A Guide to Healing After a Suicide in the Family
· Carlson, Trudy (1995). Suicide Survivors Handbook.
· Chilstrom, C. (1993) Andrew, You Died Too Soon: A Family Experience of Grieving and Living Again.
· Clark, S. (1995). After Suicide: Help for the Bereaved.
· Collins, J. (2003). Sanity and Grace: A Journey of Suicide, Survival and Strength.
· Donnelly, K. (2000). Recovering from the Loss of a Sibling.
· Dougy Center (2001) After a Suicide: A Workbook for Grieving Kids.
· Ellis, T. A. & Newman, C. F. (1996) Choosing to Live.
· Fine, C. (1999) No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving the Suicide of a Loved One.
· Goldman, L. (1996) Breaking the Silence.
· Goldman, L. & Goldman, J. (1998) Bart Speaks Out: Breaking the Silence on Suicide (a workbook for young children to journal their feelings about the loss of a loved one to suicide)
· Hewett, John (1980). After Suicide.
· Jackson, J. (2004) A Handbook for Survivors of Suicide. American Association of Suicidology · Jamison, Kay Redfield (1999). Night Falls Fast.
· Joiner, Thomas (2005). Why People Die By Suicide.
· Kletter, J. (2001). Trying to Remember, Forced to Forget (My Father's Suicide)
· Linn-Gust, M. (2001). Do They Have Bad Days in Heaven?: Surviving the Suicide Loss of a Sibling
· McCracken, A. and Semel M. (1999) A Broken Heart Still Beats: After Your Child Dies.
· Mehren E. (1997). After the Darkest Hour the Sun Will Shine Again.
· Miller, S. (2000). An Empty Chair: Living in the Wake of a Sibling's Suicide.
· Murphy, J. (1999) Coping with Teen Suicide.
· Parkin, Rebecca (1995). Child Survivors of Suicide: A Guidebook for Those Who Care for Them.
· Quinnett, Paul G. (1987). Suicide: The Forever Decision - For Those Thinking About Suicide, and For Those Who Know, Love or Counsel Them.
· Rubel, B. (2000). But I Didn't Say Goodbye: For Parents and Professionals Helping Child Suicide Survivors.
· Scholz, B. (2002). Our Forever Angel: Surviving the Loss of a Loved One to Suicide.
· Stimming, M. & Stimming, M. (1999). Before Their Time: Adult Childrens' Experiences of Parental Suicide
· Williams, J. (1998). Cry of Pain: Understanding Suicide and Self-Harm.
· Wolfelt, A. (2000). Healing the Grieving Child's Heart - 100 Practical Ideas for Families, Friends and Caregivers.
· Wrobleski, Adina (1994). Suicide: Why? 85 Questions and Answers About Suicide.
· Wrobleski, Adina (1994). Suicide: Survivors - A Guide for Those Left Behind.
II., WEBSITES ABOUT SUICIDE
A. General Information
American Association of Suicidology
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
National Mental Health Association
Office of Suicide Prevention for the State of Colorado
SPAN (Suicide Prevention Action Network)
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SAVE)
Suicide Prevention Resource Center
B. For Youth and School
Communities Center for Disease Control: Youth Suicide Prevention Programs
The Jason Foundation
The Second Wind Fund
Yellow Ribbon Foundation
C. For Colleges and Universities
The JED Foundation
The Truth About Suicide: Real Stories of Depression in College (a DVD)
D. For Workplaces and Adults
Real Warrior Campaign
Mind Your Health in the Workplace
The National Institute of Mental Health's Real Men. Real Depression
National Partnership for Workplace Mental Health
ValueOptions Strategic Principles for Suicide Prevention
What Co-Workers Can Do to Prevent Suicide
Active Minds Organization
E. For Survivors of Suicide
American Association of Suicidology Survivor Division
Fierce Goodbye: Living in the Shadow of Suicide
Heartbeat: Grief Support Following Suicide
National Survivors of Suicide Day (November)
Out of the Darkness Walks
Suicide Prevention Advocacy
Surviving a Suicide Loss: A Financial Guide
Survivors of Suicide
Survivor Support Groups by State
F. For Training
On-Line Suicide Assessment and Intervention Training
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) Training
G. For Screening Tools and Hotlines
National Depression Screening Day
National Hopeline Network
Screening for Mental Health
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
H. Other Organizations